Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Christmas Cookies!!
Thanksgiving always seems to be one of the biggest holidays concerning food in America. When it comes to our family though our favorite food tradition comes just before Christmas. Every years about two weeks before Christmas my grandmother and I start baking dozens of gingerbread boys, caramel brownies and fudge. We generally bake around two to three hundred a year and give them out to family and friends. I've been helping my grandma ever since I can remember as she did with her mom, we even use her mothers original cookie cutters and recipe. It is always one of my favorite holiday memories when my mom, grandma and I can get together and talk and have fun, while the smell of the baking cookies overtakes the house. After they were all baked my brother and I used to just sit around for hours and frost them with fancy little outfits and designs, occasionally starting frosting fights and eating the cookies when no one was looking. This tradition will always be a part of me and I hope to start it with my own children as well as my brothers daughter and I hope they share the same experience I've always had and loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment